A coordinated community effort is underway to storm Congress – on foot and online. Childhood cancer organizations throughout the country are joining together to send Congress the message of #StepUp: More Funding for Childhood Cancer Research.
History will be made when 250+ advocates come to Washington, D.C. for Childhood Cancer Action Days on June 23-24. We need your help to make sure our voices are heard loud and clear by members of Congress.
There are many ways for you help with this community campaign:
- Send a letter to your legislators using our easy action alert form at http://www.childrenscause.org/alert_actionday2014 asking them to #StepUp and increase appropriations for NCI and co-sponsor the Caroline Pryce Walker Conquer Childhood Cancer Reauthorization Act.
- Tweet your members of Congress with a new message each day using the Twitter-based action platform SoundOff. Click to send today’s message now! http://www.soundoffatcongress.org/form?campaign=115&message=71-avg+life+years+lost+when+a+child+dies+of+%23ChildhoodCancer+%23NCI&skip_when_matched=true Please note: The SoundOff site is experiencing some technical difficulties. If you get an error message, please continue on to some of the other ways you can take action now…
- Posting to Twitter or Facebook on your own? That’s great! Please use the #StepUp hashtag so we can follow along. Sample tweet: Help us virtually storm Congress! Ask your Reps to #StepUp & support more funding for childhood cancer research: http://www.childrenscause.org/alert_actionday2014
- Change your Facebook and Twitter profile photos to the #StepUp image athttp://content.delivra.com/etapcontent//ChildrensCauseforCancerAd/StepUplogo.png
- Help us go viral: Share #StepUp posts with your friends and ask them to share with their friends!
THANKS TO PAC2 FOR ALLOWING SGAYA TO COPY THIS INFORMATION IN ORDER TO SHARE WITH YOU!!!
PAC2 is proud to be part of this groundbreaking coordinated effort, and we thank the many terrific organizations that worked together to make this happen. In the coming week, we’ll take one step in a long journey toward more federal research funding and better treatments for kids with cancer.
For some background information on the funding issues at the heart of this campaign, please see:
- “A Near-Term Solution: NCI and COG Agree on Plan to Maintain Enrollment at http://www.cancerletter.com/articles/20140523_4 by Dr. Peter Adamson (The Cancer Letter, 5/23/14)
- Background Issues Overview at http://www.childrenscause.org/sites/default/files/imce/Background_Issues_One-Pager_.pdf of #StepUp Campaign
Please join in this coordinated community effort as we #StepUp in support of funding for childhood cancer research.