Fight. Conquer. Cure.
The Steven G. AYA Cancer Research Funds’ mission is to support the adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer community in wellness, education and research.
The SGAYA Cancer Research Fund believes that research is the cornerstone to finding a cure! Historically, research for Adolescent and Young Adult Cancers has been underfunded and AYA’s haven’t been included in Clinical Trials.
Stress, anxiety and poor nutrition are common among people undergoing treatment for cancer. Patients and their families are often unaware that relaxation, meditation, and exercise may increase survivorship.
It is common for AYA Cancer patients to feel confused and/or isolated after being diagnosed with this horrible disease. They are confused over the medical aspects of cancer, whether or not they have insurance coverage, and whether or not they can maintain their current status as a student or a working person.
We partner with other non-profits in getting the word out to our legislators regarding the issues that directly impact PAYA (pediatric, adolescent and young adult) Cancer patients and their families.
Elephants and Tea
Elephants and Tea is a media company with the mission to help adolescent and young adult (AYA) patients, survivors and caregivers know they are not alone in their fight with cancer.
Latest Blog Posts
- Sandbox Test PostFusce aliquet, orci et accumsan finibus, nibh erat suscipit neque, eget ultricies massa sem ac diam. Mauris egestas felis vel dolor faucibus bibendum.
- Join the AYA Cancer Bracket Challenge and Fundraiser!Hi everyone! We are launching our annual March Madness campaign in partnership with our AYA Cancer media brand Elephants and Tea, that includes a bracket challenge and an opening weekend party for March Madness on Friday, March 20th at 6:30pm located at The Kenilworth Tavern in Lakewood, OH. Ticket prices will be $25 which includes …
- Letter from StevenHi Everyone, For those that haven’t heard, I regret to inform you that this pass September I was diagnosed with two new cancers. If you are keeping count that makes number three and four. There are currently two tumors in my body. One is Renal Cell Carcinoma located on my right kidney. The other is …
- News. Change. and Merry Christmas!SURVIVORSHIP COMES WITH A PRICE A great deal has been happening around the SGAYA Camp this year. Steve is dealing with his health issues – and if you have been following us on Facebook you would have already heard that cancers #3 and #4 have returned. I will not go into detail – only to …
- Tess Blasko Talks About CancerCon 2019A Letter of Thanks from Tess Blasko I’d first like to start this letter to say how thankful I am to be able to be apart of the Elephants and Tea herd and how thankful I am to have been able to attend CancerCon [courtesy of the SGAYA Foundation] in Denver this year. I was …